Home Energy Audits
Residential energy audits are available to assist homeowners in determining ways to use energy more wisely. Our energy advisor can be especially helpful if you suspect appliance problems. During the audit, the advisor meets with you to inspect your home and then makes recommendations based on your lifestyle.
CFL Rebate Offer
Rebates are available for the purchase of energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs). These bulbs use 75 percent less energy than incandescents and can last up to 10 times longer. To get your rebate, send the original receipt to our office, and we will credit your power bill 50 cents for each CFL purchased, up to $15 per calendar year.
You may mail receipts to:
P.O. Box 1107
Sanford, NC 27331-1107
Water Heater/Heat Pump Rebates
Rebates are available to assist homeowners in buying energy-efficient water heaters and heat pumps. For new construction, a $200 rebate is available to members who install a heat pump with a minimum 15 SEER efficiency rating. Rebates of $100 are available for both new and replacement water heaters with an energy factor rating of 94 or higher.
This loan offers 5% financing for energy-efficiency heat pumps (SEER of 14 or higher), insulation, and storm windows.
Who is eligible for financing?
- members who have an active electric service account in their name, and whose home is served by Central Electric;
- homeowners of single family, duplex, and triplex dwellings;
- members with manufactured homes if they own their property and the home is permanently installed; and
- those whose credit has been approved for the loan program.
Homes must meet minimum insulation levels for the heat pump loan and homeowners must have their credit approved by Central Electric. Newly constructed homes are not eligible.
How much can I borrow?
- $7,500 per home for installation of a high efficiency heat pump;
- $3,000 per home is available for improvements for insulation and storm windows; and
- A minimum loan is $1,000 for a heat pump and $500 for other improvements.
What are the terms?
- loans can be repaid over a period of 12 to 60 months with payments made through the homeowner's Central Electric residential service account;
- payments must be at least $25 a month; and
- a one-time service fee of 3% of the load or a minimum of $105.00 will be applied.
We now offer a prepaid program for purchasing electricity before it’s used. Called “FlexPay,” it’s a cost-effective way to pay as you go. No deposit is required to begin, and no re-connection fees will be charged if your service is disconnected, you just buy electricity on an “as-needed” basis. People in the program typically monitor their energy more wisely, use less electricity and lower their bills in the process. Multiple payment options are available, including payment by phone, traditional mail, or in person.